Prime Video Mobile Edition is a subscription designed exclusively for mobile devices, allowing customers to enjoy the entire Prime Video catalogue from their mobile phones, anytime, anywhere. Customers on Prime Video Mobile Edition can watch on one device at a time and in standard definition quality only. Customers can stream their favourite Amazon Originals such as The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power, The Boys, The Peripheral, Riches, King of Thieves and Superstar, as well as popular movies and TV shows.
Prime Video Mobile Edition includes the following benefits:
- Unlimited streaming on-demand of blockbuster hits, TV show favourites, and award-winning Amazon Originals by accessing the entire Prime Video catalogue.
- Designed exclusively for mobile. Watch anytime, anywhere.
- Download content for offline viewing / watch on the go.
- Ad-free uninterrupted viewing.
- Watch content in standard definition (SD) quality.
There are multiple Prime Video Mobile Edition offers to choose from. To get started:
1. Go to https://play.mtn.ng/Prime-Video and login to MTN Play Portal or dial *447*2*5#
2. Choose a Prime Video Mobile Edition subscription that suits you:
- Prime Video Mobile Edition subscription: N800/ month
- Prime Video Mobile Edition +2.5GB Prime Video data: N1,300/ month
- Prime Video Mobile Edition +5.5GB Prime Video data: N1,800/ month
You will get a 30-day Prime Video Mobile Edition free trial, with 2.5GB Prime Video data courtesy of MTN irrespective of your selected package.
Please note the following:
I. To be eligible for any of these offers, you need to have a smartphone and be a data user on the MTN Network.
II. Auto-renewal is required to enjoy this offer.
3. Click ‘Continue’ and then ‘Confirm’
4. Once you have done this, click the ‘Activate on Amazon’ link where you will be redirected to Amazon to sign-in with an Amazon account. If you don’t have an Amazon account, you can create one by entering your Name, phone number or email address and choose a password. Your Prime Video Mobile Edition subscription will be instantly activated and you can start watching Prime Video content through the Prime Video app. MTN will also send you a text with your activation link to create your Amazon account to activate your Prime Video Mobile Edition subscription, in case you are unable to complete the process during your online session.
Please note the following:
I. Upon successful activation, your 30-day free trial with 2.5GB Prime Video data will commence irrespective of your selected subscription.
II. At the end of your 30-day free trial, you will be charged according to the subscription you selected.
III. The auto-renewal will continue every month until you cancel, provided you have sufficient funds in your MTN airtime account to cover the monthly subscription.
IV. After 6 months of continuous renewal, you will be required to give your consent to auto-renewal again to continue enjoying uninterrupted access to Prime Video Mobile Edition in line with NCC directive.
Prime Video Mobile Edition offers access to the entire Prime Video catalogue, which has a variety of TV episodes and movies that cannot be viewed through other streaming services, including award-winning Amazon Originals such as The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power, The Boys, The Peripheral, Riches, King of Thieves and Superstar. With these, and blockbuster hits, local favorites, unique features like X-Ray, the ability to stream and download content for offline viewing, Prime Video Mobile Edition is a great choice for any individual who likes to discover new content or watch their favourites at home or on-the-go.
Yes, with your Prime Video Mobile Edition membership you can access the entire Prime Video catalogue, including Amazon Originals and other popular movies and TV series. You can also download content to enjoy on the go..
To enjoy your Prime Video Mobile Edition subscription you must download and sign in to the Prime Video app. You can do this by visiting the Apple App Store or Google Play app store.
Yes, the Prime Video data (2.5GB and 5.5GB) are exclusively for Prime Video and valid for 30 days. Unused balance are rolled over at the end of the 30 days in line with other NCC directives on Data bundles.
- Subject to the resolution at which you stream content, the 2.5GB should be sufficient to watch up to 15 movies or 30 episodes of a series, while 5.5GB is enough for up to 30 movies or 60 episodes.
- Your day to day browsing and streaming on other services will not count against your Prime Video data allowance.
- If you have used up your data that came with your Prime Video Mobile Edition add-on subscription you can still stream Prime Video content over Wi-Fi or use your regular data on your prepaid plan.
- You can check your Prime Video data balance at any point on myMTN NG app.
- Additionally, as part of your Prime Video Mobile Edition subscription you can always download any shows you want to watch for offline streaming.
- Additional data bundles can be purchased through a local MTN reseller or on your myMTN NG app.
If we are unable to auto-renew your subscription, your subscription will be temporarily suspended. You can recharge via https://mymtn.com.ng/login, dial *555*PIN#, *904# to top-up directly from your bank or any other preferred recharge channel of your choice. Once you have recharged your balance with an airtime amount sufficient to cover the renewal, your subscription will automatically resume. Please note, it can take up to 4 hours for your subscription to re-activate. You will be notified by Amazon via SMS or email when your subscription is active If after several unsuccessful trials to auto-renew, your account will be cancelled, and you will also lose access to your Prime Video Mobile Edition subscription. You will need to sign-up all over again by visiting https://play.mtn.ng/Prime-Video or dialing *447*2*5#
To cancel your Prime Video subscription should you wish to discontinue the service, please visit https://play.mtn.ng/Prime-Video or dial *447*2*5# from your mobile device and you will no longer be billed at the end of your active subscription.
If you leave the MTN network, your subscription will be automatically cancelled at the end of your billing cycle and will not be auto-renewed
When a title that includes subtitles is playing, select the or icon. Choose the subtitles language that you wish to use. If captions are available, they'll be denoted by the icon. You may also switch the audio to English Language on certain titles.
When you are playing a title, select the icon. Then select the audio track that you wish to listen to. Audio Description tracks include the text [Audio Descriptions] in the track name. Note: Not all Prime Video titles include alternative tracks or audio descriptions, nor do all devices support alternative audio tracks.
With Prime Video Mobile Edition, you have access to one stream at any given time on your mobile. To stream on up to three devices at once, please upgrade to a Prime Video subscription.
To upgrade to Prime Video please visit https://play.mtn.ng/Prime-Video and click 'Upgrade to Prime Video' button.
There are 2 option for upgrading:
I. Upgrade Now
Here your current subscription will be terminated immediately, the cost for the new plan will be deducted from your airtime and activated instantly. Please note that unused days will be lost however the data bundle, if purchased, will be rolled over.
II. Upgrade Later
If you select this option, your current subscription will continue till the end of its original period but upon renewal the new Prime Video subscription will be activated and the cost will be deducted from your airtime balance